The 1 July 2015 MBS data files (XML, DOC, PDF and ZIP) can now be downloaded from the 1 July 2015 downloads page.
The following changes will take effect from 1 July 2015 (updated 2 July 2015):
18352 18364 18371 18373
A new item 73341 has been included in Category 6 - Pathology Services, Group P7 - Genetics. This item provides for a Medicare Benefit to be paid for fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) testing in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) for identification of anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) gene rearrangements to determine eligibility for treatment under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) with crizotinib.
Changes to MBS items for botulinum toxin
On 30 June 2015, the following items will be removed from the MBS:
- Item 18352 (Botox or Dysport for cervical dystonia);
- Item 18364 (Botox or Dysport for post-stroke spasticity of the upper limb in adults);
- Item 18371 (Dysport for unilateral blepharospasm in adults); and
- Item 18373 (Dysport for bilateral blepharospasm in adults).
- Item 18353 (Botox or Dysport or Xeomin for cervical dystonia);
- Item 18365 (Botox or Dysport or Xeomin for post-stroke spasticity of the upper limb in adults);
- Item 18369 (Dysport or Xeomin for unilateral blepharospasm in adults); and
- Item 18374 (Dysport or Xeomin for bilateral blepharospasm in adults).
These items were MBS-listed on 1 April 2015 with the same descriptions and fees as items 18352, 18364, 18371 and 18373 but with the addition of Xeomin in the descriptor of each item.