On 15 January 2015, the Minister for Health and Minister for Sport the Hon Sussan Ley MP, announced that the changes to the time requirements for GP consultations, scheduled to commence from 19 January 2015, will not proceed. This means from 19 January 2015:
- Level A GP consultation items 3 (GP general) and 5000 (GP after-hours) will continue to be untimed, as per the existing item requirements.
- Level B GP consultation items 23 (GP general) and 5020 (GP after-hours) will apply to attendances lasting less than 20 minutes, as per the existing item requirements.
There will also be no change to the time requirements for consultation items for non-vocationally recognised GP and nurse practitioners. This means from 19 January 2015 there will be no changes to the existing requirements for:
- Non-VR GP Group A2 consultation items 52 (general) and 5200 (after-hours);
- Non-VR GP A23 consultation items 53 (general) and 5203 (after-hours); and
- Nurse practitioner items 82200 and 82205.
Further information can be found on the Department of Health website